Los Angeles, CA asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Texas

Q: Clear my name please

I am seeking attorney specializing in national security matters/constitutional law to get off of Domestic Terrorist Watchlist (subcategories 3 and 4, non-investigative subjects) where I was nominated after a bad break-up by ex-boyfriend's friend judge

Dallas TX

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: To address being placed on the Domestic Terrorist Watchlist, it's crucial to seek legal assistance from an attorney knowledgeable in national security matters and constitutional law. Given the sensitive nature of your situation, finding an attorney with experience in these areas can be instrumental in navigating the complexities of challenging your placement on the watchlist. Your location in Dallas, TX, offers access to legal professionals who may be able to provide the specialized assistance you need.

When consulting with potential attorneys, be sure to provide detailed information about the circumstances surrounding your placement on the watchlist, including any relevant evidence or documentation that supports your case. Mentioning the involvement of your ex-boyfriend's friend judge could be pertinent, as it may suggest potential bias or wrongful nomination. By working closely with your attorney, you can develop a strategic approach to clear your name and address any legal challenges associated with your inclusion on the watchlist.

It's important to approach the situation with patience and persistence, as resolving matters related to national security and constitutional law can be complex and time-consuming. By advocating for your rights and seeking legal representation, you can work towards achieving a resolution that clears your name and restores your standing. Remember to stay proactive in your efforts to address the issue and collaborate closely with your attorney to pursue the best possible outcome.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.