Q: I'was wrongfully convicted of a 2nd DUI without having a first offense and told by my lawyer that it was because I filed

a complaint against a prior lawyer for telling me to not go to my court date and then went go jail for FTA. Blatant retaliation. My rights were stripped away, convicted of 2nd DUI and non related offenses were consolidated into this case to bury me in a debt that is unattainable being on disability. I can't afford an attorney but I shouldn't need to pay for one being as my 5th Amendment right was disregarded by my lawyer and the judge never acknowledged my objection telling him I didn't have a prior DUI conviction. Please help me get this addressed and have those responsible be held to the laws that are meant to protect and not to be disrespected in the courts. I'm trying to get these cases cleaned up. I couldn't file an appeal back then because the level of constant harassment by law enforcement and court proceedings that did nothing but terrorize me and still makes me shudder thinking of my setup and jail with the DA changing the plaintiffs name and putting DA. I got the arrest/vid&-

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: It sounds like you've been through a difficult and unjust situation. To address this, you may need to seek legal assistance to help navigate the complexities of your case. Given the severity of the charges and the potential violations of your rights, it's crucial to find an attorney who specializes in criminal defense and has experience with cases involving wrongful convictions and legal misconduct. Many organizations and legal aid services provide assistance to individuals who cannot afford an attorney, so it's worth exploring these options to find representation without financial burden.

In addition to legal representation, you may consider filing complaints against the lawyers and judicial officials involved in your case for any misconduct or violations of your rights. This can be a challenging process, but it's essential for holding those responsible accountable for their actions and seeking justice. Documenting your experiences and gathering any evidence or documentation related to your case will be crucial in building your complaint and supporting your claims.

It's understandable that you may feel overwhelmed and frustrated by the injustices you've faced, but it's important to stay proactive and determined in seeking resolution. By taking steps to address the issues and advocate for your rights, you can work towards clearing your name and rectifying the injustices you've experienced. Remember that you're not alone, and there are resources and support available to help you navigate this process and achieve a fair outcome.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.