Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Appeals / Appellate Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Kansas Appeals / Appellate Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI, Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Rights and Criminal Law for Kansas on
Q: I'was wrongfully convicted of a 2nd DUI without having a first offense and told by my lawyer that it was because I filed

a complaint against a prior lawyer for telling me to not go to my court date and then went go jail for FTA. Blatant retaliation. My rights were stripped away, convicted of 2nd DUI and non related offenses were consolidated into this case to bury me in a debt that is unattainable being on... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 24, 2024

It sounds like you've been through a difficult and unjust situation. To address this, you may need to seek legal assistance to help navigate the complexities of your case. Given the severity of the charges and the potential violations of your rights, it's crucial to find an attorney who... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Rights, Landlord - Tenant and Small Claims for Kansas on
Q: We'll have a pretty serious case that I have taken through small claims and now needs to go up to the Court of Appeal

Very serious tenant/landlord case in which has overwhelming evidence of illegal evection , harassment,descrimanation and slander of character ect I have all documents necessary it's put a huge emotional toll on my family I need help.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jan 21, 2022

Only a Kansas attorney could advise you here, but your question remains open for two weeks. Please keep in mind that appeals of any type in any jurisdiction are generally governed by narrow windows of time to take action. If you are contemplating an appeal, you could consider reaching out to Kansas... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Appeals / Appellate Law and Legal Malpractice for Kansas on
Q: Coerced and Bullied. Wrongfully accused and incarcerated. Taken advantage of. Public officially abused and Harrassed.
Caroline Bundy
Caroline Bundy
answered on Jan 28, 2021

Could you provide more information so we can better answer your question?

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Kansas on
Q: In MO if I filed an appeal with DES 3 times over 10 months how long does the state have to reply back to me?

I had a contractor file misclassification case against my company with DES & IRS. I filed an appeal with DES after they determined she was an employee along with my other contractors, 2 of which were my mom and daughter. They took what she said for truth and never asked any of my other... View More

Charles William Michaels
Charles William Michaels
answered on Oct 5, 2020

First, I am not a Kansas lawyer. That being said, usually just filing an appeal does NOT stay the lower court's judgment. The appealing party has to ask the lower court for a stay, generally by motion. You say that it has been 10 months since you filed your appeal--have you filed a brief yet?... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Appeals / Appellate Law for Kansas on
Q: Can an entire book be entered as evidence in court?

I know that civil procedure limits the number of words in complaints, but if I basically wrote an entire book, 70,000 words, as a witness statement, can this be introduced as evidence in a court of law?

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jul 26, 2020

A Kansas criminal appeals attorney could answer best, but your question remains open for two weeks. In civil court, either original jurisdiction or on appeal, a judge with a busy docket is not going to have patience for something like that. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for Kansas on
Q: I need a lawyer to handle a drug offender registration case

My fiancé was sentenced to ten years in 2012 for failure to register as a drug offender for two months. While incarcerated, he has received a letter from the KBI informing him that he doesn't have to register any longer because of the year he caught his offense. What do we need to do now to... View More

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
answered on Oct 18, 2015

Speak with an attorney? Have you considered that?

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for Kansas on
Q: How do I get a sample form to write an appeal to district court from municipal court
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
answered on Oct 1, 2015

You do not need the right form, you need the right attorney. You could perhaps go to the appellate court clerk and ask to see the files in similar cases.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.