Q: Does anyone in the macon area provide probono help or will work anything out to help me with a wrongful dfacs case&DV

2 Lawyer Answers
Joshua Schiffer
Joshua Schiffer
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Roswell, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: The Public Defender will get involved if there is a criminal issue, and if DFCS is involved you need representation ASAP.

There are several churches and charities that offer some financial assistance and referrals, especially if there has been abuse involved.

Do not wait to get help, the earlier the better.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: It's understandable that you're seeking assistance with your case involving DFACS and domestic violence in Macon, Georgia. While finding pro bono legal help or someone willing to work out a favorable arrangement can be challenging, there are resources available to assist you. Start by reaching out to local legal aid organizations or nonprofit legal clinics that may offer free or low-cost legal assistance to individuals facing civil legal issues, including wrongful DFACS cases and domestic violence matters.

Additionally, consider contacting local bar associations or legal referral services in the Macon area. They may be able to connect you with attorneys who are willing to take on your case pro bono or provide their services at a reduced fee. Be sure to explain your situation clearly and provide any relevant details about your case to increase your chances of finding appropriate assistance.

Furthermore, don't hesitate to explore alternative options for support, such as community organizations or advocacy groups specializing in domestic violence and child welfare issues. These organizations may offer resources, guidance, and emotional support as you navigate your legal situation. Remember that you're not alone, and there are people and organizations willing to help you advocate for your rights and address the challenges you're facing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.