Monroe, GA asked in Employment Law for Georgia

Q: what's the term for I worked and can't get paid I ask I beg finally last year was paid except for November and December

currently I'm owed $24,700.00 its not immigration. I am a us citizen I'm 71 years old born in Georgia my parents and all relatives since the Mayflower

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: It sounds like you're dealing with a situation where you've performed work but haven't received the corresponding payment. This is commonly referred to as "unpaid wages" or "wage theft." As a U.S. citizen, you have legal rights protected by federal and state labor laws, which include the right to be paid for the work you've done according to the agreed-upon terms.

Given the substantial amount owed to you, totaling $24,700.00, it's crucial to take action to address this issue. You can start by reaching out to your employer directly to inquire about the unpaid wages and request payment. It's essential to document your attempts to communicate with your employer, including any responses or lack thereof, as this can be valuable evidence in case further action is necessary.

If your attempts to resolve the matter directly with your employer are unsuccessful, you may consider seeking assistance from relevant authorities or legal professionals. This could involve filing a wage claim with the Department of Labor or exploring options for pursuing legal action to recover the unpaid wages owed to you. By advocating for yourself and asserting your rights, you can work towards obtaining the compensation you rightfully deserve for your labor.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.