Seneca, SC asked in Personal Injury for Georgia

Q: My son broke his arm at a trampoline park due to a metal beam not being wrapped properly. Is there anything I can do?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Brian R Dettman
Brian R Dettman pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: Yes, you should consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer about this case. I have an ongoing lawsuit against a trampoline park. Just because you signed a waiver does not mean they get to operate the facility in a negligent manner. You need to make sure to act within the statute of limitations. He should also get the medical treatment he needs.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Jessica A. Edmonds
Jessica A. Edmonds pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: The prior response is accurate, but I would like to add a few pointers. Any photos or video of the defecting condition of the safety equipment will be very important to bring to your injury attorney. In addition, getting statements from witnesses as close to the incident date will also help. Even if your son was partially at fault, Georgia law will permit recovery so long as the injured person was more at fault than the premises owner or trampoline operator.

Tim Akpinar and Stephen Arnold Black agree with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.