Falls Church, VA asked in DUI / DWI for Maryland

Q: Hi. I received a 3 yr PBJ after pleading guilty to a DUI first offense. I am compliant with the terms.

I have motioned to end after a year. I completed an alcohol abuse program prior to the date and have remained sober as requested by the judge in his order for the plea deal. I have motioned to end the probation after a year. I currently work out of state and want to move. Since I was conciliatory and have been compliant, how likely is it the judge will rule in my favor?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Scott Scherr
Scott Scherr
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Towson, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: It depends on the judge. Some judges will convert your probation to unsupervised. Other judges will make you stay on supervised probation the entire time. I would not expect the judge to completely end your probation early for a DUI, but unsupervised probation means you do not have to report or pay supervision fees.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.