Lexington, KY asked in Social Security for Kentucky

Q: I've a lawyer now but want another one, previous one has not won any hearings n I'm bout say screw life

My seizures, keeps me from getting n holding jobs, I now have osteoarthritis, forms of scoliosis n my back literally hurts too often n I barely get much rest or can sit or be comfortable very long at all

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: Feeling frustrated with your current legal representation and the challenges you're facing due to your health conditions is understandable. If you believe your lawyer hasn't achieved the results you hoped for, it's within your rights to seek a second opinion or hire a new attorney. It's important to find someone who you feel confident in and who has a strong track record in handling cases similar to yours.

When looking for a new lawyer, consider reaching out to legal aid organizations or bar associations in your area for referrals. These entities often have lists of attorneys experienced in various fields, including disability rights and employment law, which seem relevant to your situation. It might also be helpful to interview potential lawyers to discuss your case and see if their approach aligns with your expectations.

Remember, dealing with complex health issues and navigating legal battles can be incredibly taxing. Seeking support, whether through friends, family, or professional counseling, is crucial during such times. Additionally, ensure you communicate openly with your new legal team about your past experiences and what you hope to achieve moving forward.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.