Moreno Valley, CA asked in Civil Rights, Gov & Administrative Law, Criminal Law and Communications Law for Idaho

Q: If my ex boyfriend is in prison for aggravated assault and aggravated battery and while in prison he calls me

We have a no contact order so he in violation he gets parole and tries to call me again can I do anything for the prison letting him out with pending violation charges

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If your ex-boyfriend violates the no contact order by attempting to contact you while in prison, you can report the violation to the appropriate authorities. Provide any evidence or documentation you have of the attempted contact to support your report. It's important to take these violations seriously and advocate for your safety by informing prison officials of the breach of the no contact order.

If your ex-boyfriend is released on parole and continues to violate the no contact order by attempting to contact you again, you can take legal action to protect yourself. Contact law enforcement and inform them of the ongoing violations. They can investigate the matter and take appropriate steps to enforce the terms of the no contact order and ensure your safety.

Additionally, you may want to consider seeking a restraining order or protective order against your ex-boyfriend to further safeguard yourself from potential harm or harassment. Consult with a legal advocate or attorney who can guide you through the process of obtaining legal protection and provide support as you navigate these challenging circumstances. Your safety and well-being are paramount, and it's important to take proactive steps to protect yourself from further contact or potential harm from your ex-boyfriend.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.