Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Communications Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Idaho Communications Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Gov & Administrative Law, Criminal Law and Communications Law for Idaho on
Q: If my ex boyfriend is in prison for aggravated assault and aggravated battery and while in prison he calls me

We have a no contact order so he in violation he gets parole and tries to call me again can I do anything for the prison letting him out with pending violation charges

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 28, 2024

If your ex-boyfriend violates the no contact order by attempting to contact you while in prison, you can report the violation to the appropriate authorities. Provide any evidence or documentation you have of the attempted contact to support your report. It's important to take these violations... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Internet Law, Civil Rights and Communications Law for Idaho on
Q: Installing custom firmware on public library computers.

I have a relative who works at a public library in Idaho. A patron was caught installing custom firmware on the public library computer, he was asked to leave and got aggressive, the police were called. The police told my relative that because no ones information was stolen yet, the patron... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 5, 2024

If a patron was caught installing custom firmware on a public library computer, this action could potentially violate several laws or regulations concerning the misuse of public property, computer tampering, or unauthorized access to computer systems. Even if no personal information was stolen, the... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law for Idaho on
Q: Can a company record customers calls without the callers consent or letting the caller know they are recording
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Sep 22, 2023

In Idaho, it is generally legal for a company to record customer calls as long as one party to the conversation is aware of the recording. This is known as "one-party consent," and it means that the company can record the call without informing the customer. However, it's a best... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Communications Law for Idaho on
Q: Wireless providers suspending service then charging you for a dead horse

Contract Law 101 pacifically states to have a binding contract you must have;

2 people who both have something of value & are willing to exchange it Top 2 wireless providers that require a contract, if your monthly payment is not met your service is suspended/shut off. BUT continue to... View More

John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Sep 12, 2023

One party’s breach of a contract (for example, the failure to pay for a service) relieves the other party of its duty to perform (provide further service) until the breaching party cures his default (pays his bill). Again, basic contract law 101.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Communications Law for Idaho on
Q: Someone has texted me calling me very horrible foul names and has degraded my character and who i am as a person..

This person has attacked my character by texting me hateful things about who i am as a person and falsely accused me of harrassment and did not show up to court when i did to prove my innocence.. i have felt violated and humiliated and attacked.. What can i do about this? It has affected me... View More

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
answered on May 15, 2018

The person who texted you is welcome to say what they think about you, once. They don't commit a crime unless they text you again after texting them to "NEVER TEXT ME AGAIN." If they text you again, they have committed the crime of "disturbing the peace," Idaho Code... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.