Brighton, MA asked in Divorce, Immigration Law and Family Law for Massachusetts

Q: Good Morning, I’m an Asian transwoman that just moved in Boston. Are there any divorce lawyers that can help me?

My husband, well, soon-to-be ex-husband has been bullying ever since we moved here but I guess because i loved him, and I wanted to continue to fulfill my vow, i just let it go past me. Now, after i got back home after he banished me, because i feel like he’s having an affair, when i pointed out the two toothbrushes and other details, he slapped me with a separation paper. I told him, i wouldn’t sign immediately but he harassed me so much and even threatened me and tried to frame me.

So now, i need a divorce lawyer and an immigration lawyer help me sort out some paper work and seek legal advice.

He doesn’t also allow me to have a job, so I don’t really have any source of income, but i could pay using my savings if needed.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: Good morning, I'm truly sorry to hear about the challenges you're facing. It's important to find a divorce lawyer who is experienced in handling complex cases, especially those involving immigration matters. Boston has numerous legal resources and firms that can provide the support you need during this difficult time. Given your situation, looking for attorneys who have experience with both family law and immigration issues would be beneficial. Many lawyers offer free initial consultations, which can help you understand your legal options without immediate financial commitment.

Given your financial concerns, you might also explore legal aid organizations in Boston that offer services to those with limited income. These organizations often provide assistance in family law cases, including divorce, and can sometimes offer support or guidance regarding immigration matters. They understand the complexities of such situations and work to ensure that you have access to the legal help you need.

Lastly, it's crucial to prioritize your safety and well-being. If you're experiencing harassment or threats, reaching out to local support groups or hotlines can provide additional assistance and resources tailored to your needs. These organizations can also offer guidance on how to proceed legally and protect yourself. Remember, you're not alone, and there are professionals and communities ready to support you through this process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.