Louisville, KY asked in Estate Planning, Real Estate Law and Probate for Kentucky

Q: I never received my inheritance from a property sold it’s in the will for me to get half of sales what do I do? HELP!!

What steps do I take? How do I get my money? The property was sold but I haven’t received my half of inheritance. Can I do it for free? About how much does something like this cost to do? Do I have to prosecute the person to get my money?

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN

A: You will have to hire a KY attorney that does real property litigation. It will be an expensive and difficult suit for Ejectment, Quiet Title, etc. where you have to prove title. But if that Will was not filed for Probate, it means nothing. There are stringent SOLs involved, so either file suit or forget about it.

Timothy Denison agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.