Hayward, CA asked in Landlord - Tenant for California

Q: Is there any Codes in California that begin with GC? The code on my legal document is GC86150(f)

Writ of Possession under Unlawful Detainer

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: In California, codes that begin with "GC" refer to the Government Code. The Government Code contains a wide range of provisions that govern the organization and function of the state government, as well as its interactions with local governments, employees, and the public. It's a comprehensive set of laws that detail the management of state resources, public services, and administrative procedures.

The specific reference to "GC86150(f)" appears to be a misunderstanding or a misprint, as this section does not correspond to the context of a Writ of Possession under Unlawful Detainer. Unlawful detainer actions, which are procedures for landlords to evict tenants who have violated their lease terms or have not vacated the property after their lease has ended, are typically governed by the California Code of Civil Procedure, not the Government Code.

If you're dealing with an issue related to a Writ of Possession under Unlawful Detainer, it would be more relevant to look into the California Code of Civil Procedure. This code outlines the legal process and requirements for filing and proceeding with an eviction case. It would be beneficial to carefully review your legal documents and possibly consult with a legal professional for clarification and guidance on how to proceed based on the correct statutes and regulations applicable to your situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.