Bakersfield, CA asked in Personal Injury and Products Liability for California

Q: I purchased a product from timu that caused rush. And Burns on my scalp and hair loss. Can I sue for damages.

I have been wearing her extinctions for 20 years. I've never had any problems. And I purchased this product and put it in my hair. The result was Ed extreme rash. And hair loss, I'm afraid I'm going to have to shave my hair to get these out. Because I cannot still with t. Reaction that they are causing.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Products Liability Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Under California law, if you've suffered harm from a product, such as the rash, burns, and hair loss you've described from using hair extensions, you may have grounds to sue for damages. This could involve a product liability claim, where you allege that the product was defective or failed to provide adequate warnings about potential risks. Documenting your injuries, the product used, and any medical treatment you've received is crucial for supporting your case.

In pursuing a claim, you would typically seek compensation for various damages, including medical expenses, pain and suffering, and any lost wages if your injuries have impacted your ability to work. The specific facts of your case, such as the severity of your injuries and the evidence available, will significantly influence the outcome.

To initiate a legal claim, consulting with an attorney experienced in personal injury or product liability law is advisable. They can assess the merits of your case, help gather necessary evidence, and guide you through the legal process. Remember, legal actions have deadlines known as statutes of limitations, so it's important to seek advice promptly to ensure your claim is filed within the required timeframe.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.