Gresham, OR asked in Car Accidents, Criminal Law, DUI / DWI and Personal Injury for Oregon

Q: If inwas hit by a drunk driver almost 3 years ago as a passenger in car hit by DD with no Insurance can I still get paid

My liver, both kidneys were lacerated I was Internamky bleeding. Was asleep when the accident happened Ed woke up 2 days later in the hospital. Got subpoenad to court a d it was rescheduled showed up a second time t hey said they were gonna reschedule it again and then I never heard from them at all

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Oregon attorney must advise you here, but you await a response for two weeks. Based on available information from various online sources, which the public can readily find, it appears that the statute of limitations is generally two years for personal injury claims. Again, only a local attorney licensed in Oregon should advise here. Therefore, I recommend that you reach out to attorneys in your state to ascertain what the SOL is, given your specific situation and details (I can't speak for Oregon, but many jurisdictions nationwide suspend the clock in instances of minors or incapacity). Most law firms that handle such cases will advise you of this without charge as a courtesy if you reach out to them. I'm sorry about your accident; it sounds like it was a very serious impact. I hope you experience a healthy recovery. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.