Athens, GA asked in Family Law, Gov & Administrative Law, Government Contracts and Probate for Georgia

Q: I’m a beneficiary of my father’s will, and I have been misled by his granddaughter who is the excuitor of his will what

I have no copy of the will but I was urgently forced to sign a document that she had, I never received any copy of it from her so I recently got one from the court and I am now trying to find out what I can do about it. I now understand that she has had me pretty much waive my rights to ask about the will and the funds that she has been receiving and spending, and she is also a beneficiary. I feel that she has taken advantage of me and my family

1 Lawyer Answer
Robert W. Hughes Jr.
Robert W. Hughes Jr.
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Lawrenceville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You should go by the probate court where the will is filed and get a full copy of the probate file. It will include a copy of the will. Once you review it, if you believe something is wrong, contact a lawyer specializing in probate law to get advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.