San Bernardino, CA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Nevada

Q: If the other parent misses visits to build back a bond do I still have to send my daughter for summer??

My daughter is 6 her father hasn't seen her in a yr and half. The judge just told him on feb 27th that he needs to come out to las vegas to build back a bond before summer. He isn't coming out here so I don't feel comfortable sending my daughter for half of summer to spend it with him. If he can't even show up for a couple days how am I supposed to trust him with her for summer?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bonnie M Lonardo
Bonnie M Lonardo
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: Although I understand your concerns, it is important to follow the Court Order as it pertains to the visitations. If he is in violation of the Court Order and not attempting to build the parent/child bond by coming out to Vegas, then it would be up to you to file a motion with the court advising of his violation of the order and your hesitation to allow summer visits.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.