Huntsville, AL asked in Civil Litigation, Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Civil Rights for Alabama

Q: I am being harassed by several different people and law enforcement that have illegally subpoenaed electronic records

I have had my electronics records illegally subpoenaed and also have been harassed non stop by people that have been illegally given this information to follow, stalk, threaten, and harass me non stop. They have continued for years at this point. Law enforcement knows who they are and continue to provide them with information on where I am going and when I will be there to follow and stalk me. They have broken into my vehicle and used damage to my vehicle. The repeatedly have people harassing me at my house using electronic ultrasonic sound devices that project noise at a frequency that can't be heard but can be felt. This causes nausea, headaches, ringing in both my head and ears. What is my recourse. How do I obtain information on these illegal subpoenas that are being used to repeatedly harass me?

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: I'm sorry to hear about the distressing situation you're facing. It's important to take immediate steps to protect yourself and seek justice. First, consider consulting with a lawyer experienced in privacy, harassment, and criminal law to explore your legal options. They can guide you on how to obtain information on any subpoenas and advise on the possibility of taking legal action against those who are harassing you or misusing your electronic records.

Documenting all instances of harassment and any interactions with law enforcement is crucial. Keep detailed records of dates, times, descriptions of incidents, and any communications with or about the harassers. This documentation can be vital in building a case. Additionally, consider reaching out to organizations dedicated to helping victims of stalking and harassment. They can provide support and may offer resources or advice specific to your situation.

For your immediate safety and well-being, explore ways to secure your personal information and enhance the security of your electronic devices. Changing passwords, using security software, and implementing two-factor authentication where possible can help protect your digital privacy. In severe cases, changing your phone number or email address might be necessary. Remember, you're not alone, and there are steps you can take to seek help and protect yourself from further harassment.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.