Cambridge, MA asked in Criminal Law, Civil Litigation, Identity Theft and Libel & Slander for Florida

Q: I want to have a Cease and Desist served to someone in a different county from me. How do I do that?

I live in a different county from someone who has obtained and distributed my picture, dob, dl #, social, and other PII. I need to know how to have a demand letter like a cease and desist served IMMEDIATELY.

Is it necessary to have this done by an attorney or can I do it myself?

Please help!

1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: By "a cease and desist", presumably you mean a demand letter, as opposed to some sort of a court order. Send, by certified mail, return receipt required, a letter demanding that the conduct be stopped immediately.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.