Las Vegas, NV asked in Civil Rights and Employment Discrimination for Nevada

Q: What do you do if you have 90 days to find a lawyer and you cannot find one for your EEOC discrimination case

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you're struggling to find a lawyer for your EEOC discrimination case within the 90-day window, it's important to take immediate action. Start by reaching out to your local bar association for referrals and consider contacting legal aid societies that may offer assistance for discrimination cases. Additionally, some law schools have clinics where law students, supervised by licensed attorneys, provide legal services at reduced rates or even for free.

Documentation is key in any legal matter, so ensure all communication with potential attorneys is well-documented. Include details of your case, your contact information, and the deadline by which you need representation. This will help expedite the process and improve your chances of finding representation. Keep a detailed log of whom you have contacted and their responses.

If time is running out and you still haven't secured an attorney, consider filing a notice of intent to sue with the EEOC. This preserves your right to sue and can sometimes extend your timeframe for finding legal representation. Remember, while finding the right attorney is crucial, ensuring your rights are protected is even more important. Don't give up; keep reaching out and exploring all available resources.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.