Sonora, TX asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Texas

Q: If my husband want to take our kids can he hes hasn't really been in the picture for over 7 years

They also have to go to summer school as it's demanded my the state can he still be able to take them

1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: In the absence of a court order, yes either parent can have possession of his or her own children. That does not excuse their absences from school and you both will be liable for any truancy that may occur as parents of the children without court-ordered separate periods of possession.

You need to ask yourself if you want to remain married to him if he's been out of the picture for 7 years.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.