Beckley, WV asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic Tickets and Child Custody for Kentucky

Q: how is it possible kentucky cps can not allow us to contact with my children even on Facebook? I can’t even see pics.

A quick catch-up just from our last court date, we got lied on by CPS to the judge about being there in attendance and when they found out we were there we still wasn’t permitted to talk to the judge. The judge according to CPS stripped our last method for contact with our own children by banning visitations and ceased all contact with them even on the internet because of what CPS told the judge. They also are saying they are no longer working with us and we are on our own to complete the case plan. One last thing is we are being made to make a choice of punishment between jail for 90 days I think or inpatient rehabilitation for 180 days even though we are already doing outpatient rehabilitation or specialty court aka drug court which the timeline on that is blurry as they prosecutor said 6 months but the drug court instructor said 18 months. And the crime I did for this punishment was the method of how I intake my prescription medication as I huffed it and admitted that to them.

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: CPS cannot allow or disallow you to do anything. If the Court issued a no contact order, it is the court who intends you to have no contact, not CPS.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.