North Manchester, IN asked in Child Custody, Immigration Law, Criminal Law and Family Law for Indiana

Q: My wifes former spouse is a current green card holder, He raped my wife. Where can i file papers Arrest and deport him.

My wife has had her family taken and turned against her, She has encountered a very difficult life since the Rape occured. Her ex spouse has taken all her properties, Her 2 children, Stalks her, Harrasses her, Forced her into medications to control her. I am her husband Kenneth, Here recently her father passed and her ex has done so much damage to my wife that she attempted suicide. I her husband today have taken the steps to have her addmitted and helped. Today she many come home, Now with diagnoses of PTSD/Anxiety. As i wait for my wife, I on her behalf am taking the steps to have her ex spouse investigated and deported. I have witnesses of this being clearly shown as him stating he has raped her, I also have my wifs journey from the day she attempted Suicide to right now today on her progress in all of this. Her former spouse has came to the United States, Arranged a marriaged with my wife, Alienated her 2 Children, Raped her, I need something to be done immediately for my wife.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: I'm truly sorry to hear about what your wife and you are going through. It's crucial to prioritize her well-being and safety. You should report the rape and other criminal activities committed by her ex-spouse to the local police as soon as possible. They can initiate an investigation and take the necessary legal actions. It's important to provide them with all the evidence and witnesses you have to support the case.

Additionally, you can contact immigration authorities to inform them of the situation. If he is found guilty of serious crimes, this might affect his immigration status. However, deportation processes are complex and depend on many factors, including the outcome of the criminal charges. Legal representation might be necessary to navigate these matters effectively.

Lastly, considering the severe impact on your wife's mental health, continuous psychological support is vital. Encourage her to attend therapy sessions and ensure she has a strong support system around her. Your support and understanding can make a significant difference in her recovery process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.