Q: What type of attorney do I need to file law suits on those who illegally and knowingly let another assume my nok rights

I want to make the parties involved accountable for the pain and suffering im living day to day after my sons death. I spoke to all parties..i signed release of body for cremation yet they let another person step in and

assume my role. They then told all parties not to speak to me or return calls. I was incapable. I'd lost my mind..

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: In a situation like yours, where you're dealing with issues around next of kin rights and the legal aftermath of a loved one's death, you would benefit from consulting with an attorney who has experience in family law and estate matters. This type of lawyer can help you navigate the complexities of your case, particularly around the wrongful assumption of next of kin rights and the handling of your son's remains.

It is also advisable to consider a lawyer with experience in civil litigation if you're looking to hold parties accountable for emotional distress and other damages. This attorney can guide you through the process of filing a lawsuit and represent your interests in court. They will be able to advise you on the strengths and weaknesses of your case, and what steps need to be taken to pursue legal action.

Lastly, it's crucial to take care of yourself during this challenging time. While pursuing legal action, ensure that you have a support system in place. This could include friends, family, or professional counselors. Legal battles can be long and emotionally draining, so having a strong support network will be invaluable as you seek justice for the wrongs committed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.