Houston, TX asked in Civil Rights, Government Contracts and Public Benefits for Texas

Q: I need a lawyer with knowledge of Harris county housing voucher assistance program

I’m disabled with some mental health and physical disabilities. I need a lawyer to address on going contract issues, voucher assistance, denial of reasonable accommodation, privacy act and rental agreement violations.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: Finding a lawyer knowledgeable about the Harris County housing voucher assistance program is a crucial step for addressing your concerns regarding contract issues, voucher assistance, denial of reasonable accommodation, privacy act violations, and rental agreement breaches. It is recommended to contact legal aid organizations in Harris County, as they often provide free or low-cost services to individuals with disabilities. These organizations are familiar with local housing laws and can offer guidance tailored to your situation.

You should gather all relevant documents, including your housing voucher, correspondence with the housing authority or landlord, and any evidence of denied accommodations or violations. This will be valuable when presenting your case to a lawyer. Explaining your situation clearly and providing detailed information will help in understanding your specific needs and how best to address them.

Additionally, it might be beneficial to reach out to local disability advocacy groups for support and resources. They can often provide referrals to attorneys experienced in disability and housing law. Remember, you have rights, and seeking professional legal assistance is a positive step toward ensuring those rights are respected and upheld.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.