Fontana, CA asked in Personal Injury, Arbitration / Mediation Law, Lemon Law and Small Claims for California

Q: I need to know how to bring my case before a judge passed the timeframe. I know you can car dealerships. I need this hel

STG auto Santa Ana dealership both used car dealers padded deals made fictitious addresses for charges. They had put on me almost $7000 of equipment. I never owned took money out of my account both of them STG auto padded the deal so badly and laughed in my face. It took me a long time to figure it out. I need to file the paperwork in order to bring it back before the judge passed the timeframe it is. I read that you can do that if you didn’t know what happened and I now know what happened Santa and a dealership they literally took my car when I took it in because they failed to service it and the head gasket blew. They took my car sold it to mission. They created a fictitious application in my name charge me then the car was repo and put it on my credit , they submitted false fraudulent documentation to entity fraud. I need these companies to be held accountable and be known they’ve both been in trouble for this before license. I need to know what to file so I can get it in court

3 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Arbitration & Mediation Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Under California law, if you believe you've been a victim of fraudulent activities, such as those you've described involving car dealerships, you have the right to seek legal action. However, if you've missed the statutory deadline to file a lawsuit, you may still have options. California law does allow for exceptions to the statute of limitations in certain cases, particularly if you've only recently become aware of the fraud or wrongdoing.

To pursue this, you would typically file a complaint in the relevant court detailing the fraudulent actions, your recent discovery of these actions, and the damages you've suffered. It's essential to provide as much evidence as possible, including any fraudulent documents, communications, and financial records. You may also need to explain why the fraud was not discovered earlier and demonstrate that you acted promptly upon discovering it.

Lastly, consider consulting with an attorney who has experience with consumer fraud and automotive law. They can provide guidance on the legal process, help prepare your case, and argue on your behalf regarding the extension of the statute of limitations due to delayed discovery of the fraud. Legal advice can be invaluable in navigating the complexities of court proceedings and ensuring your rights are protected.

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Consult with an attorney asap.

before you meet with him/her, write out a detailed summary of the facts.

if you can't get a lawyer to handle this on a contingency, as I suspect may happen, remember you can always sue in small claims court.

however, the same laws apply.

David Brooks
David Brooks
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Carlsbad, CA, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: This is not a lemon law, aka the Song-Beverly Act issue. You should have recourse under other causes of action, including fraud, breach of contract (possibly), unfair business practices, as well as several others. You should consult a civil litigation attorney ASAP.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.