Hurst, TX asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Texas

Q: How do I finalize an AJ report for custody. The AJ report was written by the judge. What steps do I take to get it final

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Prepare a Final Order in Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship based on the AJ report using the standard language set forth in the Texas Family Law Practice Manual (3rd ed. or 2022 ed.). Submit the proposed Final Order to opposing counsel to determine if there are any objections. If there are, and you cannot work them out, file a motion for entry with the court clearly setting out the areas of disagreement and why you think your proposed language is better, attached your proposed Final Order as an Exhibit, and set it for hearing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.