Plain City, OH asked in Divorce, Family Law and Child Custody for Ohio

Q: I have parenting issue with ex spouse with mental illness. He was been non compliant . He wants to modify the agreement.

When he doesn't agree with we agreed to, he's constantly is wanting to change things. We both are supposed to have an ROR, which includes talking to the psychiatrist and or doctors. I agreed to be transparent about my medical health, even though i do not have any psychotic disorders. He has took me off his ROR, than reinstated it with limitations ,threatening me to completely get off all meds and not have any relationship with son. Also has lowered his meds without me knowing, than complaints about side effects of meds. I asked him if he asked his psychiatrist, if he asked if there any medications he try in the place of the medication, he said no. She just agree to lower them. Hes on the lowest shot form. His defense , I'm on meds under my doctors supervision. Im guessing he never told her about the parenting agreement. His psychiatist is getting an certificate in holistic medication. He is considering treating his schizoaffective disorder with supplements.

1 Lawyer Answer
Todd B. Kotler
Todd B. Kotler
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Canton, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: I don't see a specific question here. It sounds like you may wish to either file a motion to enforce your present agreement, or in the alternative terminate your agreement in favor of you having custody reserving visitation to the other parent. It sounds like you may wish to have a Guardian ad Litem appointed. The Guardian will conduct interviews of all of the medical professionals involved and make a recommendation. I also strongly suggest you invest in hiring an attorney who regularly practices in the county family court that issued your parenting plan.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.