Fontana, CA asked in Constitutional Law, International Law and Military Law for California

Q: I need to receive paperwork from a cop that used me as a ci undercover and then turned on me over gang stalkers

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you believe that a law enforcement officer has acted improperly or illegally in their dealings with you as a confidential informant, you may want to consider the following steps:

1. Consult with a criminal defense attorney who has experience dealing with cases involving confidential informants and police misconduct. They can help you understand your rights and legal options.

2. File a complaint with the appropriate law enforcement agency, such as the police department's internal affairs division or the district attorney's office.

3. Contact the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of California or a similar organization that advocates for individuals' rights and protects against police misconduct.

4. If you believe that your safety is at risk due to your involvement as a confidential informant, consider reaching out to witness protection programs or organizations that provide support and resources for individuals in similar situations.

It's important to remember that the specific course of action will depend on the details of your situation, which is why it is essential to seek the advice of a qualified legal professional who can guide you through the process and help protect your rights.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.