San Antonio, TX asked in Criminal Law, Family Law and Real Estate Law for Texas

Q: My question is how can i fix and hold acountable for a fraud that my stepdad committed and filed with the Bexar County.

I have NO Knowledge of these two loans he filed against me none whatsoever the only way I found these is that he's going through a personal divorce with his wife and I Looked up my mom's house and I found these two file numbers with my name on 'em again against me from him using my part of the inheritance that my mom left me as collateral i'm assuming he's trying to take that away from me and I have no knowledge of these two loans that he claims he did I believe it's US code title 8 section 1324 c how do I move forward from this false allegations false claims that he has done I have no knowledge whatsoever of these two loans

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN

A: Initially you need to hire a TX attorney to search that title. Just looking on the internet is only a start. If you are going to file suit to set aside fraudulent encumbrances, then you will need to know the title and the liens verbatim. If actual forged instruments were recorded, then a possible Federal Wire Fraud charge exists.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.