Lansdowne, PA asked in Workers' Compensation for Pennsylvania

Q: Am I entitled to my husband workmen’s check? He just passed today. He has several months of checks due.

These checks I am requesting are the checks due up until today.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Belt
Timothy Belt
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Hazleton, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Workers' compensation pays wage loss and medical bills related to the work injury. Wage loss and medical would end as of the date of death. Therefore, if you are talking about ongoing wage loss benefits, you would not be entitled. If you are talking about past due wage loss, you may be entitled. Similarly if you are talking about an award of specific loss for an amputation or facial scar, you may be entitled. As you can see, this is not a simply yes or no answer. I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with a workers' compensation attorney to discuss the specific facts of your husbands case to obtain a better answer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.