Philadelphia, PA asked in Criminal Law, Elder Law and Municipal Law for New York

Q: What kind of lawyer do I need to fight for me against the town and the two people who killed my sister.

I finally found hard evidence that he killed my sister with his medication which showed on the toxicology report that it was his meds. The prescription read his name on the bottle. The detective had taken a picture of the meds. There is way to much to tell on here... I am living a nightmare, I am having a problem with case work, detective, animal control, police, sheriff and the D.A. Nobody wants to help me or hear what I have to say. I am dealing with, Mayberry R.F.D. as my friend would say when she come s with me. This place is a BIG JOKE whoever is running the Police Station. Please do not say you need more info. I would give you more but there is not enough space.

1 Lawyer Answer

A: My advice is to contact the New York State Police and provide to them the toxicology report and other hard evidence while explaining that you are having difficulty with the local police and sheriff's dept.

The New York State Police may have received other similar reports regarding local law enforcement of which you may be unaware.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.