Laurelton, NJ asked in Estate Planning and Family Law for New Jersey

Q: My mother 71 is in ill health with a slew of mental health and medical problems. My father 76 is her caregiver.

She is acting crazy yelling out the window, sitting on neighbors porches, leaves her front door wide open and yells at people who park in front of her house. She has been hospitalized many times has spent time at behavioral health facilities. She just keeps getting released to

Home. She will

Not take any meds. My father had just been living with her and trying his best but she is too much to handle. What type of lawyer does my father need to get control over her? We are all


On what we need to do. Thanks

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Crossville, TN

A: Look for an attorney to help you file a petition for guardianship or conservatorship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.