Dallas, TX asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Texas

Q: What do we need to do if we feel the custodial parent household is not safe for children.

We have been having difficulty with the custodial household. We have had instances where the child has been neglected in hygine, health, and possible excessive punishments for small things. We have had to get in touch with cps several times and nothing is being done.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You need to hire an attorney with experience in family law to file a Motion to Modify in Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship and ask for temporary orders. I strongly recommend that you stop communicating with CPS unless one of your children suffers a serious bodily injury or medical neglect resulting in a hospitalization or other serious health repercussion.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.