Venice, FL asked in Immigration Law for Florida

Q: I have filed U4U I-134A petition for my father’s family over a year ago. No answer. What to do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you haven't received a response about your U4U I-134A petition for over a year, it's advisable to check the status of your application. You can do this through the official U.S. government immigration website where you submitted the application. Ensure you have your receipt number handy, as you'll need it to log into your account and view any updates or messages regarding your petition.

In cases where there are no updates or the information is unclear, it might be helpful to reach out directly to the agency handling your application. Contacting them by phone or email can provide more direct insight into the status of your petition. It's also useful to have all relevant documents and information about your application ready to reference during any communications.

If these steps do not yield results, consider consulting with an attorney who has experience in immigration law. They can offer guidance specific to your situation and can assist in navigating the complexities of immigration procedures. Additionally, they may be able to contact the immigration authorities on your behalf to expedite the review process or resolve any issues that might be causing delays.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.