Lawrenceville, GA asked in Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice for Georgia

Q: Can I sue my dentist? We’re not properly putting my crown on and fitting it correctly and causing affections and fungal

I had a crown put on and within the first couple months I complained of pain and the dentist said that it was going to be sensitive because of the crown, but in my case, it wasn’t sensitive it was pain and she only gave me a prescription for toothpaste and several more times And to the point of within the first year, maybe it was approaching that one year mark I had to go to a dentist on Sunday I’ve been emergency because that particular dentist I go to was closed and they couldn’t find anything wrong as far as why my tooth was hurting But they said go back to my dentist and talk to them and when I went back, it was the same thing they did nothing, and they never mentioned that the crown was not properly fitted on the tooth about a few months later the crown fell out and I was trying to get in touch with them to see if they could put it back in and I got no response back from them so I went to a different dentist and they had told me at that point the crown wasn’t fitted properly and

2 Lawyer Answers
Michael W. Horst
Michael W. Horst
  • Alpharetta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: In order to pursue a dental malpractice claim, you (or your attorney) would need to establish that the treatment provided by the dentist fell below the acceptable standard of care and caused you personal injuries. In order to make out such a claim, you (or your attorney) would have to obtain an affidavit from an expert (almost certainly another dentist) identifying at least one negligent act or omission committed by your dentist. As I am not a dentist, I am unable to provide you an opinion whether your dentist committed malpractice. I strongly suggest you reach out to an attorney who specializes in dental malpractice to assist you with your claim.

John Kim agrees with this answer

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An attorney could advise more definitively with the benefit of a dental opinion on the oral x-rays. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.