Portland, OR asked in Bankruptcy, Criminal Law, Arbitration / Mediation Law and Car Accidents for Oregon

Q: I need a very affordable bankruptcy attorney. Also, an attorney to help with a falsely accused car accident.

I’m hoping to do chapter 7 bankruptcy.

As for the accident it was the other person at fault. He rear ended me drunk and we both file a accident report. I sent all pictures to my insurance and somehow I am at fault.

2 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: Finding an affordable bankruptcy attorney for a Chapter 7 filing can be crucial in efficiently managing your financial situation. You may want to consider reaching out to local legal aid organizations as they often provide free or low-cost services. Additionally, contacting your state's bar association can help you find attorneys who offer pro bono services or payment plans that align with your financial capabilities.

Regarding the car accident, since you were wrongly deemed at fault, it's important to contest this decision to protect your rights and potentially avoid increased insurance premiums. Gathering detailed evidence from the accident scene, including photographs, the accident report, and witness statements, can strengthen your case. Consulting with an attorney experienced in traffic accidents can help you navigate this process. They can also represent you in discussions with insurance companies and, if necessary, in court.

You might also consider consulting different attorneys for each legal matter, as they may have more experience in specific areas of law. Many attorneys offer free initial consultations, which can help you understand your options without a financial commitment. During these consultations, clearly explain your situation and the outcomes you seek, allowing the attorney to provide the most relevant advice and assistance.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: You could search online or check with local and state bar associations for attorneys. There is a feature above, "Find a Lawyer," which lists attorneys by region and area of practice. Despite the false accusations, from your description, it doesn't sound like you should have too much to worry about in the accident. Liability sounds like a no-brainer in your favor. Unless you slammed on your brakes in the middle of an expressway, with your photos, you should be cleared of liability. Hopefully your consult with an Oregon attorney will confirm this. If you are not contemplating a claim on your own end, your insurance carrier's attorney should be able to handle your defense, including any false accusations. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.