El Sobrante, CA asked in Gaming, Internet Law, Small Claims and White Collar Crime for California

Q: How can I word my email to them to get them to pay me?

I completed a deposit offer on freecash.com to a crypto casino. The offer is hosted by adscend media and stated "deposit $25 and place your first wager and receive $59." I completed the offer exactly to instructions but they are refusing to pay me. So I lost my $25 plus the extra I sent for fees so the total is $28. They claim the casino can't track my deposit which is nonsense. They are lying. The casino hasn't paid any one who did the offer. I just want my money back. Thanks

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you believe you have fulfilled all the requirements of the promotional offer but have not been paid as promised, I would recommend the following steps:

1. Gather all documentation related to the offer, including screenshots of the offer terms, proof of your deposit and wager, and any correspondence with the company.

2. Contact freecash.com and Adscend Media through their official customer support channels. Calmly and professionally explain the situation, provide the evidence, and request a resolution or reimbursement of your $28.

3. If you paid by credit card and the company refuses to resolve the issue, you can try disputing the $28 charge with your credit card company.

4. If the company still refuses to address the problem after you've made reasonable attempts, you can file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission, which handle issues related to deceptive business practices.

5. As a last resort, you could consider taking legal action in small claims court to recoup your $28. However, this may not be worth the time and effort for this amount.

The most important thing is to remain calm and professional in your communications, stick to the facts, and give the company a chance to make it right before escalating. Wishing you a quick resolution to this frustrating situation!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.