San Antonio, TX asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Child Support and Divorce for Texas

Q: Can I file for divorce on my own, if I'm asking for NO court ordered child support for a 4 year old?

Spouse is in Harris County, however I now preside in Travis County. I'm not seeking child support and don't want a legal battle.

1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Legally, an individual is allowed to represent herself (or himself) in court in Texas. It doesn't matter whether you are asking for court ordered child support or not.

Legally an individual can rebuild the transmission of her own car.

You have to ask yourself if you have the knowledge, skill, education, and training to do either one for yourself. If not, it would be wiser to hire someone who does.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.