Warwick, RI asked in Real Estate Law for Rhode Island

Q: Do you provide a document for the sale of my brothers interest in a home residence left in life estate to both of us ?

Our mother has passed and we need to resolve this. Thank you.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrew Bilodeau
Andrew Bilodeau pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • West Warwick, RI
  • Licensed in Rhode Island

A: I understand your question to be as follows. Mom had a life estate in a property and you and your brother were the "remaindermen" - the house goes to you both upon your mother's passing. Mom passed and you want to know how your brother can convey his interest to you? Yes that is something we can assist with by preparing a Quitclaim Deed for your brother to sign that gets recorded. Hopefully that answers your question. Thank you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.