Elk Grove Village, IL asked in Civil Litigation and Car Accidents for Illinois

Q: What can I do?

On May 4 2024 I was in an accident. While at a stop light a vehicle hit me from behind, causing a chain reaction resulting in a 5 car accident. Luckily my daughter and I were not injured. My car sustained front end and rear end damages. The at fault driver was cited for texting while driving and failure to reduce speed causing an accident. At the moment my new car (Dodge Durango RT 2023) is still in the preliminary stages for estimate of damage. (At approximately 20k and still rising) I have the police report stating she was texting and speeding. My question is what can be done to recuperate the loss of value for my car? I paid 70k for it and now I am upside down on it. Is there someone local that can help me navigate this mess?

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Illinois attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. Your post requests a local attorney to assist you on a PD claim. Attorneys here can't offer their services - there is no soliciting. You'd need to reach out to attorneys on your own. In addition to your own searches, the "Find a Lawyer" might help you find a local attorney. Attorneys are listed under area of practice and region. There are also state and local bar associations that offer attorney referrals. Those resources are outside this Q & a forum. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.