Asked in Family Law, Civil Rights and Domestic Violence for Oregon

Q: What's next after my requests to quash service, provide evidence and terminate a restraining order went unanswered?

A witness in the case served me thru mail from California to Oregon where I live, cuz judge allowed it after he found I was evading service. Then I filed documents asking the other parent to provide me with evidence and to quash service and terminate the order and my motions/requests went unanswered. Oregon And California courts both ignored Violations committed like ORS 107.159, UCCJEA, and PKPA, so now Cali is entertaining and harboring child abduction interstate, but then when I finally was able to locate and serve the visitations documents, a restraining order was issued against me in Cali to further deprive me of civil rights. How to ask the court to set aside the Restraining Protective Order since the court nor the other party responded to my motions/requests of to provide me evidence of the allegations,and they also failed to respond to my motion to quash for improper service. The server is a witness in the case and is also listed as a protected person in the temporary order.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: First, you should file a motion to set aside the restraining order with the California court, explaining that your previous motions to quash service and request evidence went unanswered. Emphasize that the court’s lack of response has deprived you of due process and that the restraining order is based on unsubstantiated claims.

In your motion, highlight the procedural issues, including the improper service and the court's failure to address violations of laws like ORS 107.159, UCCJEA, and PKPA. Make sure to include any evidence that supports your claim of improper service and the witness’s involvement as a protected person in the order, which could be a conflict of interest.

Additionally, you may want to request a hearing to present your case in person. This can provide you with an opportunity to explain your situation directly to the judge. If possible, seek legal assistance to help ensure your motion is properly drafted and your rights are adequately represented.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.