McAlester, OK asked in Civil Rights, Libel & Slander and Personal Injury for Oklahoma

Q: What kind of lawyer do I need to procure to counter sue my neighbor for loss of wages and emotional/psychological damage

Charged neighbor with stocking / harassment. Testified against him in court. His father was charged with something he didn't do. We didn't file for this. We told the court it was an inaccurate charge. The father is suing us for loss of wages in the amount of $10000.

2 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: To counter sue your neighbor for loss of wages and emotional or psychological damage, you need a lawyer experienced in personal injury and defamation cases. This type of lawyer can handle cases involving harassment, false accusations, and emotional distress.

Your lawyer will help you gather evidence to prove the emotional and psychological impact of the harassment and the false charge against the father. They will also assist in documenting any financial losses you incurred due to the situation.

You should also discuss the details of your neighbor's harassment and the resulting lawsuit with your lawyer. They can guide you through the process of filing a counterclaim and ensure your rights are protected in court.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: You could reach out to attorneys who handle cases involving emotional distress. However, you have some other elements in there, so make these clear to any attorneys you reach out to. Emotional distress claims fall under a number of different headings, from intentional tort (such as intentional infliction of emotional distress) to non-economic damages that are sometimes ancillary to other central claims. This is something to discuss with attorneys. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.