Atlanta, GA asked in Traffic Tickets for Rhode Island

Q: How do I get a 20yr old traffic ticket expunged in Rhode Island? Got a valid lic in Mich I need to renew lic in GA

I tried to renew my valid Michigan driver's license in Georgia but was told I can't bcuz of a 20yr old ticket in RI that has never come up in 20yrs. I wrote to the magistrate who stated I have to pay. I wasn't aware of this $357 ticket and I'm in a hardship. I passed Uber & Lyft and numerous background checks w/o a problem. Now I can't drive bcuz of this ticket. What can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Newport Beach, CA

A: You need to satisfy that Magistrate. Hire a traffic ticket attorney to represent you in RI. They may be able to do better, but it will still cost you something. Thank you for using Justia's Ask a Lawyer, but don't rely on what you are told here, consult a local attorney who will obtain all the facts from you and review your documents.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.