Kernersville, NC asked in Personal Injury and Civil Rights for North Carolina

Q: Me and my wife are in an assisted living facility here in Kernersville .We are being threatened and not get

and not getting all our medication.What can we do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you're facing threats and not receiving all your medication at the assisted living facility, it's important to take immediate action. Start by documenting everything—write down instances of threats, missed medications, and any other concerning behavior. This record will be helpful if you need to escalate the issue.

Next, report these issues to the facility management or administration. Clearly explain your concerns and provide your documentation as evidence. They have a responsibility to ensure your safety and well-being, and they should address your complaints promptly.

If the facility management does not resolve the situation, contact the local Adult Protective Services (APS) or the Long-Term Care Ombudsman in your area. These organizations can investigate your complaints and advocate on your behalf to ensure that your rights are protected and your needs are met. Don't hesitate to reach out to family members or friends for additional support and assistance during this process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.