Dallas, TX asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Texas

Q: I want to change the possession schedule for a child, because my daughter and the girlfriend are not getting along.

Divorced since 2017 ; I am a non-custodial parent. I have the standard possession schedule and I have been paying constantly the child support obligation,

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You should contact an attorney who practices family law in or near the county where your child lives to discuss the possibility of filing a motion to modify the possession schedule. That attorney will advise you, based on the particular facts and circumstances of your case and their knowledge of the judge likely to hear your case, whether to file such a motion and, if so, what type of evidence is likely to be most persuasive in your particular case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.