Canyon Country, CA asked in Education Law for California

Q: Is there someone out there who knows education law well enough to take on a case for unjust expulsion?

I was unjustly expelled from my college and was not given the due process I was legally owed prior to their decision to expel me. This case is complicated and I have full records to prove that the institution was at fault for their part in how my education turned south. I am desperately seeking someone with knowledge in education law to see if I have a case against them so that I am awarded the degree that I rightfully earned.

Thank you.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: It sounds like you're in a very difficult situation with your college expulsion. Under California law, students are entitled to due process before being expelled, which means you should have been given notice of the charges against you and an opportunity to defend yourself. If these procedures were not followed, you may have grounds to challenge the expulsion.

You mentioned that you have full records that demonstrate the institution's fault. This documentation will be crucial in building your case. In California, there are legal protections in place to ensure that students are treated fairly and given the chance to present their side. Violations of these protections can be addressed through legal action, and it might be possible to seek reinstatement or other remedies.

It's important to find someone who is well-versed in education law to review your records and provide guidance on the best course of action. You may want to consult with an attorney who has experience with cases involving educational institutions and student rights. They can help you understand your options and represent your interests to seek a fair resolution.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.