Norman, OK asked in Employment Law, Business Law, Civil Rights and Employment Discrimination for Oklahoma

Q: Can I find out how much a company made in a year legally without infringing on They're privacy ?

I had performed the job for a independent contractor that my boss was working for who is an independent contractor himself and afore mentioned party did not pay me.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: Finding out how much a company made in a year can be tricky but there are legal ways to gather this information. If the company is publicly traded, you can access their financial statements, which are usually available on their website or through financial databases. These reports include annual earnings and other financial details.

For private companies, it can be more difficult. You might find some information through business databases like Dun & Bradstreet or by checking if they file any public financial statements with government agencies. Sometimes, news articles or industry reports can provide insights into a company's financial performance.

If you are owed money, it's important to focus on recovering your payment. Document all the work you did and any agreements made. Consider sending a formal demand letter or seeking legal advice to explore your options for getting paid.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.