Lake Wales, FL asked in Divorce, Family Law, Domestic Violence and Elder Law for Florida

Q: Bf of 9 years was sole financial supporter. Mnths ago he abruptly ceased paying bills, expenses. We live off MY SSDI.

He recd $4 mill sttlmnt 4 years ago, left me for other lady and came back weeks later. Now he sees her again but won't move out. Runs up our bills and refuses to give a penny. Very volatile situation which local cops know about.


1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Are the bills "our bills" or his bills and your bills? You are not responsible for his bills.

If you want him out, and the residence belongs to you, simply evict him.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.