Hood River, OR asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Oregon

Q: So I have an attorney and I have a strangulation charge on my autistic daughter who is 33 she was having a tantrum

I used a move taught to me for this called ois when do I give my evidence to the DA I went through the 705 page discovery and told my lawyer what is what for each page did a color chart sent my evidence but when does the DA get it..I'm innocent I can prove I did exactly what I was trained to do I did not strangulation her never would I I have pictures documents and everything and nobody said nothing about strangulation until 2 weeks later it pops up I'm arrested and now fighting this and my lawyer when I ask him about strategy he says your innocent you didn't do it..that's not strategy the a fact all audoi from investagation a first reports not about choking her no phyical abuse said at all my question is when does the DA get my evidence when does my attorney give it to them

1 Lawyer Answer
Gregory L Abbott
Gregory L Abbott
  • Portland, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: First, you don't seem to post a question for anyone to answer. Second, regardless you should be asking ALL questions to your existing attorney - they are the most qualified to answer and know the details of your case. Finally, you should NOT post any of the details on line. Prosecutors can twist and use anything you post against you.. Only discuss things with your attorney.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.